"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Friday, May 16, 2014

Moving out...

Monday, May 12

So Yuko completely ignored me at breakfast this morning... But that was no different than usual, so I didn't mind. Then I left quickly for school. At least she said "itterashai" and "kiotsukute" like usual.

At school, I went right to the office to ask to be moved. They were super understanding and said they'd do everything possible. Kano called my host family and told me to concentrate on my exam for right now. Everyone but the 300 and 500 kids had their exams at 9:20. But mine was at 11:05. So I sat in the CJS lobby and studied. After a bit, Kano came out and told me she'd talked to Yuko and Yuko had said she'd been sad I never called her "okaasan" and she wants to talk to me. Kanno asked what had happened, so I told her. And then I asked if I could move to the dorms. But she said she'd have to ask her boss because she thought the dorms were full.
So she left and then I went to 100 Lawson's to buy some lunch for after my exam. Then I sat in the kopan to study. When the 400 people started filtering in after their exam, I headed to my exam.

When I got in to the room, just about everyone else was there already. Kondo sensei saw me and was like "Oh! Keito san!" And then basically told me, in front of everyone (in Japanese), how she'd seen me Friday with a Japanese guy, hahaha. She was all excited. I asked her where she'd seen us and she said walking away from Nanzan. She said she'd wanted to call out to me, but I'd looked liked I'd been having a lot of fun talking to him. Lol. 
I was like "ahhh, hazukashii!"
Then everyone freaked out and started asking me about it, you know because I always talk so much about wanting to hang out with Japanese guys.

And then we took our exam. It was the reading and writing portion, so it was easy. But at one part, we had to write about New Year's in our country and I messed up one of the kanji in New Year's Eve. I knew it looked weird, but I couldn't figure out why until a few days later, when I saw the kanji I'd messed up on on a sign in Nagoya. 

After the exam, I headed to photography club to return the camera Hikari had let me borrow. She was so nice!! She had sent me an email last Friday asking if she could now consider me an official photography club member (awww!!) and then inviting me to the Nagoya aquarium with all of them to take pictures this weekend! Nooo, I wish I could go! I had to tell her I was graduating and then leaving Japan... :((((( 
So at the meeting, she kept apologizing over and over because she hadn't realized I was leaving so soon. But I thanked her for letting me join the club for such a short time and apologized that I had to leave so soon. Then, after I gave her the camera, she asked if I was going to go home now (she knew I had no more classes left), and I said I would. I probably should have stayed for the Japanese practice, but the room was getting full and there was no point since I wouldn't be around for any of the things they were planning.

Instead, I headed to the shokudou to eat the lunch I'd bought earlier with Heather, Natalia (who hadn't wanted to go to the photography club meeting for some reason), and Dylan.
Btw Dylan shaved his beard last week and everyone freaked out when he walked into Folklore last Thursday. He looks so different now!!!
Oh, and here's what he got for lunch. It's called the "otoko no hito curry", which he likes because he thinks that means it's manly curry. He's always talking about it, but this is the first time I saw it! It had freaking everything in it!!

(Curry, rice, karaage, egg, and katsu!!)

After a bit, Shunsuke and some Taiwanese girl who is friends with Tina joined us. Heather, Dylan, and Natalia left, so I sat and talked with Shunsuke and the other girl and ended up getting Japanese practice anyway! I told Shunsuke again about club ID, and he said he'd come!

Then I went to the CJS building to see about moving to the dorms. It turned out I will be able to!! First, I was going to move into the emergency housing underneath the kopan and then on Wednesday once the emergency room in the dorm opened up, I'd be able to move into there. I was so, so, SO happy!! 

Chris was in the office and had time this afternoon, so he agreed to come along with me and one of the ladies in there to talk to the people in charge of the emergency housing and serve as a translator. Which was really nice. Chris is so great!

When we got everything squared away, Chris headed home and I went with Takeda to see what the emergency housing looked like. It was great. I had a nice, big tatami room with a bunch of futons, sheets, and pillows I could and there were toilets and showers as well!

After that, I was free to go home and pack, but they told me I had to be back by 11, when the emergency housing place closes. 

So I headed home. When I got home, I said "ittekimasu" and then went right to my room to pack. After a bit Yuko said she was leaving to take Miya to Kumon. When she came back, she asked if we could talk. So I followed her into the kitchen.

She gave me some water and then started crying as she told me that the only reason they had asked me to leave was because they thought I hated them. But when she called Kanno today and Kanno said I don't hate them, she was so happy and relieved that she said nevermind, I could stay with them. But Kanno said it was too late, they had already secured housing for me.

Okay, this was really hard for me to believe. Because if it was true, Kanno should have told me they wanted me back right when she first came to tell me she'd spoken with Yuko. I mean, even though I'd love to be living in the dorm right now, I would still be fine staying with them if they wanted me. I mean, it's only a week! But I'd thought they'd wanted me out. So idk.

Then Yuko said a bunch of other stuff about how she always loves having students and wants to maintain good relationships with them always and stuff. And then she invited me to have dinner with them tonight and told me she was making misokatsu because it's my favorite. Whaaat? I am so confused!! She's being so nice. But just last night she was saying all these super mean things! Is she just being nice now because she knows I won't be living there anymore? Idk what's going oooonnnn... Aghhh!

So I spent allll evening packing. It took effing forever. Miyabi came in a few times wanting to play and show me how she was learning "Let it Go" in English. She'd actually learned a whole bunch of it already. It was really awesome!
Dinner was sorta awkward. Ken wasn't there, so it was just Yuko, Miyabi, and me. But Yuko talked to me a lot!! In Japanese and English. And the misokatsu was good! Not as good as Nanzan's of course, but much better than the one she'd made the other time that was full of fat.
After dinner, I went back to packing and finally ended up getting everything into my two suitcases plus a trash bag, since I didn't have the third suitcase that my mom is going to bring me. I emailed Father because he had invited me to go to Kyoto with him Wednesday. I let him know I wouldn't be able to go to Mass beforehand like I had said, since I have to move all my things to the dorm and then travel all the way from Nanzan now. He replied asking me if I needed help moving my things to Nanzan. He's so nice!!!

I ended up deciding to leave my two huge suitcases at my host family's house so Father could take them tomorrow when it wasn't so late at night, and then pack an overnight bag for tonight in the emergency housing.
At 8:30, as I was about to head out, Ken got home, so he took me to the station, which was so nice because it was pouring rain out! Yuko and Miyabi came along too. Miyabi and I played in the back, adding more words to my onomatopoeia list (we hit 100 in Handa over Golden Week! Now we're over 120!) and singing "Let it Go." I had put the Japanese version on my phone and so I played that for us.
When we got to the station, Miya was soooo sad to see me leave! Her mom had told her what was going on before we left, and she'd been really unhappy. So Yuko invited me to stay for dinner again tomorrow after I finish packing.

It was a long walk from Yagoto Nisseki to the kopan in the dark and pouring rain. But when I got there, the old man manning the emergency housing was so sweet! I finally arrived at 10:30, and he was all like "you're late!" lol, but even though the showers closed at 10, he let me take one anyway. Then he showed me my room and told me the rules and then let me go sleep. He told me the building lights turn off at 11 and I had to have my light turned off by midnight. But I turned it off right when I finished getting ready for bed because I was exhausted!!

My room:


And after I made my "bed":


Also, here's the my sadou essay with the "very good!" I'm so proud of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment