"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Monday, May 12, 2014

Finals approacheth...

Wednesday, May 7

Today I had no exams, but I decided I'd go in to school at regular time anyway because I wanted to see if I could get the Korillakuma bowl at the Lawson's on campus. 
So I got up at 6 to have breakfast with Miyabi and then left and got to school at 9. I checked both Lawson's on the way to school and neither had the bowl I wanted. 
My last hope was the Lawson's on campus, but it wasn't there either!! T^T
I found out later from Heather that she'd been too lazy to wake up yesterday to get it. And I hadn't been able to, because I'd been away. 
But Deanna did get it! She was in Tokyo, so she woke up at 6:30 to get to Lawson's before it opened and waited for the bowl. Darn. Everyone must have done that, since there were no bowls left yesterday afternoon!

Dejected, I went to 100 Lawson's to get a second breakfast because I was still hungry after my measly piece of toast, orange slice, and little cup of jello. I bought orange juice, an apple for later, and the pack of two delicious melon pan for 100 yen. That melon pan tastes just as good as the one at the regular Lawson's and is half the price!
Then I went back to campus to the kopan to eat a melon pan and drink my OJ. But I ended up eating both because they're sooooo good!! T_T


Then I headed to J building to use the computers to write my part of the essay my group has to write for Folklore tomorrow. I was writing about Goku's golden cloud thing he rides in Dragon Ball and the fact that only people pure of heart could write it. Then I tied in all this stuff about how purity is important in Shinto beliefs and stuff. I think my part rocked, haha!

(I liked this guy's shirt!)

After I finished, I took a break to eat lunch. I ate my apple as I walked back to 100 Lawson's. On the way, I ran into Kazuki! I asked him how his Golden Week was, and he said he just spent it studying. We talked for a bit and he said we should get lunch together sometime. But now he had to go to R and do some presentation for international students (probably graduate students).

At Lawson's, I found a box of four eclairs on sale for only 88 yen! Heck yes. So I bought it, lol. I wished I had someone to share it with. But most people didn't have exams today...


So I got inarizushi to eat too. While I was eating back at the kopan, Jose saw me and came over to say hi. He had had to listen to some presentation for his Japanese class (the 500 class), and they'd all gotten Nanzan coffee mugs. No fair!

He didn't want any eclairs when I offered some so I ended up eating two, haha. I paid for it later, but they were so good, it was totally worth it!!

Jose told me he was going to the travel agency upstairs to get a taxi to the airport the last day. Wait, there's a travel agency upstairs?? So I went with him to ask if there was some week long train pass I could buy to go around Japan with my mom and sister and also about hotels  near the airport. They were super unhelpful and told me there weren't any hotels they could find and, as I thought, no week long train passes.

So then Jose and I went to the CJS office, where the lady there was super helpful and gave me the cheapest hotel near the airport. Mutsukawa sensei walked by and saw me, so he came over and told me to "ganbatte"! He's so nice!! Then I checked my mailbox and found a plethora of graded papers! I'd gotten a 96 on my kanji final and... I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Fukutomi sensei had given me a 100 on my presentation!! Even though I was nervous and messed up a bunch! I got a 10/10 on every part of it, including like flow and voice and all that. Holy crap, miracles happen people! Jk, she probably just took pity on me.
Aaaanndd, best of all, I got a "Great Job!" on my sadou paper!! Even though I was in the lowest level of Japanese out of the entire sadou class! Yay! :)

Then I headed home. I played with Miyabi a bit until she had to go do her homework. Then around 6:30, Miya came in to tell me she was going to the dentist and they left to go to the dentist, so I was home alone for a bit.
They came back a little after 7 and I was starving! Yuko told me I could go ahead and eat while she and Miya took a bath, because Miya had to wait before she could eat. 

(My din din. It was greasy, but really yummy!)

After Miyabi ate dinner, she started making teru teru bozu. I knew about these in America, but I thought it was just kind of a tale, like kids didn't actually make them. Also, I knew they're supposedly hung up when you don't want it to rain, because they bring good weather. But I was wondering why Miya didn't want rain tomorrow. And then I remembered! She'd told me earlier she was going on a field trip to a park tomorrow. So she didn't want it to rain on her field trip! So cute!!!



Thursday, May 8

So it ended up not raining for Miya's field trip. The forecast for today said rain around 5, so I brought my rain jacket to school, but none fell!
I ate breakfast at 6:30 with Miya and she was all excited for her field trip!
Today I decided I didn't want to deal with the horrible trains of yesterday, so I went in to school an hour later. My group was meeting to put everything together at 1, so until then I sat in the computer room and wrote my blog. Then, at 12, I went and bought inarizushi and sushi, chocolate covered, chocolate filled mochi, and melon pan from 100 Lawson's and headed to meet everyone at R. As I was walking over, I passed Kazuki again! He asked if I had a final and I told him I did. :( And he said to ganbatte!

In R, no one was there yet, so I sat on the bench outside the CJS office to eat my lunch. Rashaa came after me and sat next to me too. Then Shunsuke came in! I hadn't talked to him in forever!
But he was like, "Keito!" and then came over and asked if he could sit next to me. We talked about out golden weeks (he hadn't done anything) and then I told him how I'm thinking about going to Club ID next Thursday and invited him. A few weeks ago (when I was sick) he'd tried to get a bunch of people together to go, but no one responded and so he ended up calling it off. But someone had told me that he goes a lot, so I figured I'd invite him. He said he wanted to, and he'd let me know if he had time.

Then Esteban and Scout showed up, so the four of us went up to the third floor to practice our presentation. We all divided up the parts we wanted to say and Scout left to finish putting together our parts of the paper. And Rashaa left as well. Esteban and I sat and talked until he had to go meet a friend of his and then I went to the CJS office to turn in some papers.

At classtime, we all presented our presentations. It was fun, but also kind of boring at times. But two groups did anime I'd never heard of, so that was interesting. Then we had to vote on the two best presentations and the group that displayed the best teamwork. And finally, we were able to go home!

When I got home, we had dinner. Ken came home before dinner, and Miyabi and I hid from him and shouted "boo" when he came home haha. I asked Miyabi about her field trip and she said it was fun! Then, because she didn't have any homework, we played some more after dinner until she had to take her bath.

The mochi things I got were good, but weird. I probably won't get them again, haha.



So I've been texting a lot recently with Shogo, the guy who wanted to take me to a baseball game and he asked me out to a bar tomorrow! So I'm gonna go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment