"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Boxed sake break!

Saturday, May 10

I went in to breakfast with Yuko and Miyabi. For some reason, Miyabi got a chocolate chip melon pan while I got a slice of bread. No fair. 
I said I planned to go into school to study at the library so I could use the textbooks there (since Esteban had taken back the Genki II book he lent me). 
While we were eating, the tv was playing and on it, this Japanese lady was singing the Japanese version of "Let it Go" and Miya was enamored. She immediately started singing the English version (aka just "Let it go" over and over because that's all she knows). I asked if she liked the English version better and she told me she did. Then, after breakfast, while I got ready, she used Yuko's iPad to find a YouTube video of the English version with the lyrics displayed and played it over and over, trying to sing along. It was sooo cute!

Then they headed out to Miya's shoudo lesson and I left for Nanzan. On the way, I stopped at Seiyu to buy some anpan for a snack later since a slice of bread, quarter of an orange, third of a banana, and jello, are not enough to fill me up. 


There, I saw these flyers for Father's Day. It was funny because they were for sales on sake. So for Mother's Day, you buy flowers and for Father's Day you buy sake? Lolol!


At Nanzan, I studied from 1 to 3:30, when I met Emma outside the library for lunch. We'd decided to do a late lunch so I could study and she could write her paper. 

(These banners are all over Nanzan now)

So we walked to 100 Lawson's to buy our lunch. On the way, I told Emma about my date. 
When we got to Lawson's, guess what I saw?? 

(Suika!!!!)

Omg I wanted it sooooo badly. I freaking love watermelon! But 408 yen is waaaayy takasugiru for this thin slice!
I stood in front of it for a long time debating though. But ultimately, with the help of Emma, decided it wasn't worth it.
So I got a bento with some sort of chicken covered in sauce over rice and then the pack of two melon pan.
Emma had already eaten, so she just got mochi covered in that peanut butter like soy bean powder stuff and a yogurt fruit cup thing. She ended up being jealous of my meat and rice later because she only got sweet stuff haha.
Then we both got boxed sake! Because wth. Only in Japan does alcohol come in a little kids' juice box...
Well, actually only Emma got sake. I only like sake when I'm drinking to get drunk/have a good time. Today, I just wanted something to go along with my meal, so I got boxed umeshyuu. But omg, there was also boxed wine!

(And you know, a carton of wine as well)

And there was boxed chuhi!

After we paid and everything (btw when we paid, we both had to touch this button on the monitor, saying we were 20, but they didn't even look at our IDs!), we headed back to Nanzan's green area to eat.

(My meal)

(My boxed umeshyuu)

(Emma's boxed potato flavored sake, haha)

And then we took selfies with our drinks... My hair looks killer today, just sayin'




While we ate, this huge group of Japanese guys formed a circle and started playing tennis by the fountain and we commented on how totally hot it was.

At 5:30, I had to head home to make dinner. So Emma and I walked to the station and got on the subway. Emma changes trains after one station so I was on my own the rest of the way home.

When I got home, we had soba with this pink cold soup to dip them in. I asked what kind of noodles they were because they were brown. Yuko said they were soba, but I said I though soba was a different color. But she said soba is brown and udon is white. Huh. Never noticed! It was yummy!

Then I played with Miyabi some before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment