"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Denny's with Hotaru!!

Read the previous post too!!

Sunday, May 11

Today I got to hang out with Hotaru!!

First I ate breakfast with everyone before church. They were heading out to visit Obaasan for Mother's Day. But they let me stay home since I had a final tomorrow. Yuko told me they probably wouldn't be back until late, so she gave me $6 to spend on dinner. 

So I went to church and then had planned to leave right after that, but I'd forgotten my train pass, so I had to run back home to get it. I threw my laundry in the wash too so it could run while I was out.

I met Hotaru at Kamimaezu at 12:30 because we were going to have lunch in Osu. Ah, I went to Osu twice this weekend! 

We walked around a while looking for this restaurant Hotaru wanted to eat at that had hamburgers, pasta, and sweets she said. I don't like hamburgers, but the pasta and sweets sounded like Sweets Paradise, so I figured it would be good! 

On the way, I stopped in that super pink 300 yen store where I got my kitty tights that time and bought a pair of each the kitty, bunny, and bear for my sister and me (since my kitties are starting to tear), and then I bought extra kitties with pink cheeks for myself. ^^

Then Hotaru told me the restaurant was up on the second floor of this arcade, so we headed up to it.

Well guess what it was folks? A good old American Denny's! I was like "this is an American restaurant!" It turned out Hotaru had had no idea haha! She said we could go somewhere else, but I could tell she'd been really wanting to go here, so I said it was fine! Plus I was really craving pancakes.

So yeahhh, Denny's in Japan really is like a five star restaurant! The best deal was to buy an entire meal that came with main dish, salad, drink and a dessert, so that's what we got! Also, there was free wifi in the Denny's that my phone automatically connected to. :)
I was like, man I hope they have melon soda, but they probably don't. But guess what y'all? They totes did! 
Man I'm gonna miss melon pan and melon soda. 

After we got our drinks, they brought us our salad! It had this mushy orange stuff on too that was actually really good!


Hotaru told me she got me a goodbye present. Aww she's so nice!! Today was originally supposed to be a going away party for me, but them Yukari and Sara couldn't make it because it was Mother's Day. :( Aw well! 

It was wrapped in wrapping from "Kiddy Land", so I was all excited. And guess what it was?? A Rilakkuma pencil pouch!!! Ahhh!! She remembered how much I like Rilakkuma! She's the best!!

(Me with my new Rilakkuma pencil pouch!)

(Hotaru and moi)

We both got the chicken don dish because I looove chicken over rice!


It was awesome! It came with tomato, kabocha (pumpkin), avocado, and sweet potato!


And then the best part!! Dessert!!!!! I got these fucking amazing caramel pancakes!! And Hotaru got a humungo matcha, azuki, mochi parfait!!

(My noms)

(Hotaru's noms)

(Me with my noms)

(Hotaru with her noms)

Gosh it was so, so good!! 
Then after lunch we went into the arcade to take purikura. Turns out it was the same arcade I went to way back in the first week of school with Taylor, Megan, and Emma where I played the UFO catcher!

We ended up doing two different sets of purikura and I paid for the second since I felt bad that Hotaru had given me a gift and I had nothing for her in return!
Man, I'm gonna miss her so much! She says she's going to try to go to school in Kyoto in a year or two to continue her Asian literature studies there.


(I decorated this one and I really like it!)


(I decorated this one too :D )


Aw we're so cute!!

After putikura, we went to Seria, the 100 yen store to look around. But Hotaru was in a shopping mood and I really needed to get back home to study, so I told her I needed to go study and she understood. :( 

At home, I finished my laundry and did another load, and studied a bit. Then I went to Seiyu to buy dinner. And guess what was there on sale???

(Suika!!!)

It was 30% off of 285, which made it hella cheap compared to the one I saw yesterday! So I bought it. I also got the inarizushi and sushi combo I'm obsessed with and a chocolate chip melon pan. And it all totaled to 608 yen, so I only paid 8 yen for dinner! Woohoo!

Then I went home to eat and Skype my mom while I ate.
And you know, take watermelon-eating selfies...



(Omg I can't believe I ate the entire thing!!)

After I finished eating and cleaned up my mess from the watermelon, I headed to my room to study some more. Then everyone got home from Handa. Yuko came to my room and asked me how dinner was. I said it was delicious and she was all like "what did you buy?"
So I told her a sushi bento and suika. And she was like "whooaaa, suika!" Then she asked if she could talk to me for a bit after Miyabi takes her bath. But I said I was about to go to bed now (you know, since I have a final tomorrow and everything...), so she asked if we could talk now. I said sure, wondering what the heck this was about.
So we went into the kitchen where Ken was sitting at the table waiting. Then Yuko told Miyabi to do her homework and closed the doors dividing the kitchen from the living room. She'd done that with the bike talk too, so this must be serious. But then she brought over her iPad so I figured she was just going to help me find hotels some more.

But then she was all like "do you like living here?"
Well that was out of nowhere.
I was like "yeah..." (Haha yeah right)
And she was like "really? You've never lied to us before? Not even about the bike?" 
What? What would I have lied about with the bike?
At this point, I was thinking Mitch had broken his promise and told her everything I'd told him at school. But then she was like "I read your blog."
Hahahahaha ohhhhh fuckkkkkk.

I was like "my blog?" (Huh? What blog?)

And she was like "yeah" and shoved her iPad towards me which had my Obara post up on it.

She was like "a dear friend told me about your blog." 

Fuuuuck, so Rana's host mom had finally squealed. I thought it would be safe with her knowing about it because she can't really read English and has known about it since January and so far hasn't said anything. But apparently not...

So yeah. I got seriously scolded. She said a whole bunch of mean shit to me, including, I kid you not:

"I'm sorry, but out of all our host students, you rank the worst."

And 

"We only liked you because you were nice to Miyabi and played with her."

At one point I was nice and said "I'm sorry" and she was all like
"Oh, you will be sorry." 

She told me I've caused them so many problems like the fact that I was almost raped and then that I got hit by a car. Okay, no. Neither of those were my fault! Yes, it was my fault that I forgot my key, but that's another thing I wish we'd gone over. What to do if I ever forgot my key. One of my friends told me that in their host family's house, there's always a door secretly left open in case that happens.

She also said that the reason she hadn't helped me with the train pass and the bike and other stuff (I'd told her that was the main issue, that I wished they'd helped me more, since living in a new country whose language you're not fluent in is scary enough even when things go well) was because she wanted me to learn from my hardships by doing everything on my own, because was the way she was raised. What a load of bs! Like, if that was really her reasoning, then at least she should have helped me the first month while I got settled in and then if I seemed capable enough, leave me be for the next four months.
But even that is pretty rude. Because part of living with a host family is having someone there to turn to when you need help.

I sat there shaking with anger, but hey, I didn't cry!! My friends all said later, they would have started crying. But I didn't want her to think she'd gotten to me.

And then she told me that my mom and sister can't stay there anymore and that they're not going to my closing ceremony anymore. Big whoop.

Oh and she was all like "do your parents know about this blog?"
And I was like "yeah, they read it every day"
And she couldn't believe it. She was speechless after that.

Ken just sat there nodding along with everything she said. So when they were done talking, I was like "so should I go to school tomorrow and ask to be moved to a dorm?"
And they said yes. And Yuko said she'd call the school as well.
So guess what guyzz, I got kicked out of my host parents house even though I only have one effing week left!

I left without saying anything else and went to my room after to call my parents. My dad answered and cracked up when I told him she read it, haha. Then I texted Emma and she told me her host mom said that she's heard a bunch of bad things from students about my host family. Like that Yuko only wants students so she can practice English, that they live so effing far from the school, and then one time this girl moved to another host family halfway through the year, but still invited my host family to her end of year party. But when my host family came, they were super awkward and didn't say anything to her the entire time...

So I told Yuko I'd take down my blog, but I just changed the URL for a bit because I didn't want all you lovely readers to not be able to read my blog anymore! So yeah, I changed it to heckofanadventure.blogspot.com.
Also, I looked at the views for each post and it looked like she'd only read the Obara post. Wth? I wrote like nothing bad about them on that post. Just that I preferred Kuya's parents. Nothing to kick me out of the house for!
Gosh, imagine if she'd read the other posts, particularly around the time I got hit by a car, hahaha. I'm pretty sure I called her a bitch on one of those...

Yeah... Then I went to sleep, dreading the super awkwardness of breakfast tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment