"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Red bean soup and food erasers!!

OSAKA AND KYOTO PIX ARE UP, GUYS!!!
So go look at the end of every Osaka post and there's a section labeled "~*~ PICTURES ~*~" with all my camera pix!
Please go loooookkkkkk, thanksss!

Rana and my purikura from the first night in Osaka! <3


Literally right after I opened my eyes this morning, Miya was knocking on my door telling me breakfast was ready. Ugh I was still sick and just wanted to hide under my covers all day.
But Yuko made a really good breakfast! She made us each a ham and cucumber sandwich (and had made mine without cheese or mayo :) ) and gave us each three bunny apples and tea. 
Miya showed me the card my mom sent her for Valentine's Day and I opened mine from my mom too! :)

Then I unpacked and cleaned my room after I made a mess unpacking lol. 

After that, I left for the station. I didn't want to ride my bike and pay $1 to park it when I was only going to Nagoya quickly to renew my card, so I walked. It only took me about twenty minutes!
Yuko told me one if the girls she hosted would get up early and walk to school every day because she didn't want to pay to park the bike. Damn. I couldn't do that...

There wasn't too much snow left compared to last night. And it wasn't too bad out even though it was cloudy.

So I rode the train for free to Nagoya and went to renew my card. 
Yeah, bad idea. The line stretched all through the JR ticket office and then went out the door and wrapped around!! 
But I decided I'd wait anyway since I didn't really have anything else to do. It only took about 10 minutes.
At the counter, they told me they can't renew cards there and directed me somewhere else. So I went and found a security guard and asked him where I need to go just to make sure.

I ended up having to go to the Shinkansen and JR ticket office. I waited on another long ass line. When I finally got to the counter, the guy wrote out the order for the route I wanted that went through Sakae. Yay!
But when he rang up the price and everything, and I handed him my bank card, he told me my bank card wouldn't work there. Fuuuuckk. And I didn't have enough cash, so I was screwed.

So I went to an ATM. I found a Bank of Nagoya ATM and everything, but it was all in kanji and I had no idea what was going on. And this dude was waiting for me. So I decided to try to ask the guy waiting for me to help. Turns out he could speak pretty good English! He helped me navigate the ATM and it turned out the money I put in two weeks ago still hadn't been deposited in my account. I guess because Tuesday was a holiday?

Arghhhh. Thank goodness I had wifi and could call my parents! They told me to just go ahead and use the credit card even though it puts an extra charge on it. So I went back to stand in the line. This time, the guy I went to told me I couldn't get the route to Sakae. I was like are you fucking kidding me? The other guy said I could!
The guy went to go talk to someone but still told me I couldn't do it. So I just bought my old route. Then I asked the guy to write down the reason I couldn't so I could ask Yuko to translate for me later. And he wrote me this awesome long letter!


Then I went up to take the super rapid train back home. It was leaving in a minute, but I didn't see it, so I panicked and hopped on the one on the other side that was going in the same direction but was a local leaving in six minutes.

From there I saw the train I wanted leave the station. It turned out it was one of those shorter ones, so if I'd walked further down the platform, I would have seen it. Fuck. So it took me like an extra ten minutes to get home.
Normally I wouldn't have cared as much, but I was supposed to Skype a friend from home and it was getting kind of late in America... :/

But I got home in time! We Skyped for 2 hours and then I Yuko and Miya came back. 
I opened the package my mom sent me that was covered with stickers and included notes for me, Miya, and Yuko and Ken and my old swim team suit, goggles, and cap (so I can swim at Nanzan!!), syrup, and a ton of candy for Miya and me!! :)

Then Miya gave me Iwako erasers she and Yuko had bought for me! She let me pick three first. These were the three I picked. I don't think I have any of these at home!

The other, that Miya took, was a plate of gyoza.

Then we had a snack, which was sooooo delicious! It was red bean soup with red beans and mochi pieces! I looove red beans and mochi. It was so so sweet and good! We had it with tea and on these cute bean shaped plates Yuko had. Yuko took a picture, so I'll have to steal it her she uploads it to Facebook.

Then I played with Miya and we all watched tv until Yuko started making dinner. We ate at 6:30! I guess everyone was hungry! We had nabe. Mmmmm :P
Then Miya and I ate the Air Heads my mom had sent us. Miya really likes them and how they turn her tongue weird colors!

When we had finished dinner, Ken got home. Then I uploaded pix to my blog while everyone got ready for bed and went to bed.

(Ribbon on my coat!)

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Did you watch Olympics? Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu won men's figure skating gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so Miyabi ate her airheads and yours too?
    not good habits for one so young!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no, she still had one of hers left that she ate

      Delete