"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I get around like sushi on a kaiten

Haha so the title is lyrics from a song on my M-Flo cd. I really like those lyrics! :)

This morning I caught the early train for once. When I got to school I had tons of time, so I did some preparation for my trip to Tokyo.
I have a bunch of friends going to this anime convention in Tokyo, so I was looking into it to see if I wanted I go too. But I'd have to stay until Saturday and I probably wouldn't recognize most of the anime there... So idk.

We had another test I didn't realize we had today. But it was kanji, so it was easy. 
We had to give presentations about our family and hometown today and then write a letter to a Japanese friend not in Nagoya. Good thing I have a lot of them! :)

At lunch, Esteban and I decided to try today's lunch special. It was mini chicken katsudon and was really good! It came with noodles too, so I chose udon. And I got to pick a side! It was soooo much food! 



We finished in just enough time to make it to hanga! And I had a mega food baby afterwards.

In hanga, I inked my woodblock with added petals. I sucked at transferring it to paper, so here's sensei's:


I also finally cut myself! I knew it would only be a matter of time until I spilled blood in hanga. I just accidentally brushed my hand over the knife and it hurt, but when I looked at my hand, it was just a scratch.
Later though, I realized I had broken the skin because it was bleeding.

(Not much but still scary if you're a hemophobe like me)

So I talked to Minju in hanga about how I want to go to the Ghibli museum while I'm in Tokyo and she told me she's going and bought the ticket last night! Ahh so we decided we'd go together and I asked her to help me buy a ticket because you have to use the konbini macjine and it's all in Japanese and stuff...

So after class, we went to the Lawson's on campus to buy my ticket. But the one for Wednesday at 12 that she had gotten was all sold out!!! Nooooo!
I tried the 10 am, but that was sold out too. So I ended up getting Wednesday at 2pm. So she's going to have to wait in the museum two hours for me. :(
But the good news is you can stay in the museum for as long as you want! 

Then Minju went to the library and I went to the Japan Plaza. There was a guy in 500 in there working on his pronunciation. Man, I wish I was at a level where I actually cared about pronunciation! Now, I'm still trying to just speak!
The guy in there wasn't really talkative but I did my homework and he checked it and corrected things for me, which was nice. Then two other people in higher levels came in and I listened to them speak while I rewrote my letter with the guy's corrections. After that I went home.

We had hashiririce for dinner tonight. It was yummy. Miya kept saying "Let It Go" at dinner because she'd heard the song "Let It Go" in an ad for Frozen, this movie that's coming out in Japan that everyone's been talking about. It came out in America in like November but I never saw it, but I apparently I should have...

After dinner I did a little homework and then looked at hostels in Tokyo. I'm sooo excited for Tokyo!!!!

Also, side note, it's gotten really warm here!! Like, this whole week's in the upper 50s! I've been unzipping my jacket in the afternoons because it feels so warm and balmy. Spring is approaching and I couldn't be more excited!
No more sleeping in my sweater with the covers over my head so my face doesn't get cold. (I'm so jealous of Rana's room with her own heater she can control. I woke up at her house sweating for the first time since I've come here!)

Anyway, おやすみ peeps!

2 comments:

  1. How come you keep having tests you don't know about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting about them and forgetting to check my calendar lol
      But they're super easy!

      Delete