"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Sunday, February 23, 2014

I made friends at church!

After church today, the same old lady and one of the girls from last week talked to me again. Another old lady came over and talked to me in rapid speed Japanese. I could not catch a few words and had no clue what she was saying. But then she gave me a gift!
The first old lady (I found out her name is Atsuko) invited me over to her house for lunch next Saturday and then the girl in middle school (her name is Manaka) and her dad invited me to their apartment for lunch the following weekend!
Ahhh people are so nice!
Then this group of ladies and an older man all started talking to me and Atsuko made them help me practice Japanese so I talked to them about Houston and studying at Nanzan and my host family. They were all so nice!

This is what that one old lady gave me:

(Dars milk chocolate and chocolate with fruit and nuts, and a sweet bun that tasted like coffee)

Omg the fruit and nut chocolate was soooo good!! I had to stop myself from eating all of it at once!

When I left for church, everyone else left to go shopping and get the electronic English teaching device for Miyabi. I got back 2 hours later, at noon, and they were still gone. So I chilled in my room for a bit, trying and failing to get the wifi working. Then I was hungry and Yuko had told me we all wouldn't be having lunch, so I went across the street to Seiyu.

(Seiyu's food Ohinasama display lol)

At Seiyu, I was going to buy bread to use with my peanut butter, but there was only one type of wheat bread and it came with just 6 slices! The only 8 slice pack of bread was white. Ughhh. I want my raisin bread from home. :(
So I ended up buying a bag of 6 mikan for 378 yen (*cries bc so expensive*) and this pan that was on sale! I couldn't read the kanji on the package, but it was pink! And I was like, I can't go wrong with link pan!
I figured it probably had anko in it, but I didn't see the kanji for anko so I wasn't sure. But it was only 76 yen, so I bought it.


Back home, I ate a mikan and tried two of the pink buns. THEY WERE SO GOOD!! I should have bought the other pack before that old lady came over and took it.

(It did have anko in it!!)

Then I did my homework and studied kanji. Everyone didn't get back until 3! And then Ken left again to buy a phone and iPad.

So I studied some more and Miya and I played with her new toy. It was a pen that came with two books. When you pressed the pen to a word or picture in the book it read the word or said what the picture was in either English or Japanese! So cool! So Miya and I played a board game in the book and when she pressed whatever space she was on, she did it in English and when I pressed my space, I did it in Japanese.

Then Ken came home with a new iPad and a new iPhone 5s like mine, except silver. And he got a new phone case that's an elephant and it had a peanut keychain dangling from it that he took off and gave to Miyabi!

We had dinner then. Yuko made these good minced chicken filled peppers! We had rice and miso soup and salad and spring rolls too! So yummy. :)
Then Ken went back to setting up the iPad and phone.

Ok I need to vent something super quick. Japan is far greater than America in many ways, including food and drinking age but America is far superior in terms of the Internet.
Like seriously?? I am so pissed off because I can't watch a bunch of the movies and shows I want to because the sites that have them are only available in America. Arghhh. 
And I can't earn money for the movies I upload, because that's only available in America.
Come on, Japan, get with the 21st Century!!
Okay, rant over.

So after dinner the tv was on so I was watching it and some American show came on the Disney channel. It was a live show, not a cartoon and there was some blonde chick and this black girl and then they started speaking Japanese! It was a Japanese dub! Omg. It looked really funny because their lips were moving, but the words didn't match, although it did look pretty close. But yeah, it was the first time I'd seen an American show dubbed in Japanese lol.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is making me do this which I NEVER do. All sounds great. MIMI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks!! I'm glad you left me a comment :)

      Delete