"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Miya got chicken pox...

When I'm bored on the subway, I take creeper shots of hot guys I see. So I've decided to start a Flickr album with all these pictures because I know some of you will really enjoy them! ;)
I remember in high school I read this manga once where the author was talking about this magazine in Japan with random candid shots of hot guys seen on the street because in her story one of her characters appeared in that magazine.
I wish I could remember what the manga was so I could look up what the name of the magazine is and go buy a copy haha!

Also, overnight, someone plastered the walls of the Kanayama subway station with thousands of One Direction posters and it scares the hell out of me.

In class today we did the exact same worksheet I did in Kumazawa sensei's class at Tech! Lawlz.
At least this time I knew more Japanese and could write better answers.

Then we practiced saying words that sound the same lol. Like かれ (boyfriend) and カレー (curry). So if you're not careful, you could end up saying "yesterday I ate my boyfriend" lolll!

Then we had to write fake bulletin board ads, so I wrote an ad for my half birthday party. Sensei was all like what's "han tanjoubi", but thought it was really interesting when I explained it to her haha.

I got Emma, Rashaa, Rafa, and Esteban to come to the nomihoudai Friday!! Yes! I'm such a good convincer. ^^ (I even got Esteban and Rashaa to turn down Sweets Paradise haha). When I told Esteban about Banana chan, he was on board haha, but Rafa took some convincing because of the price. 
But I'm so glad they're coming because Yuri and Banana specifically wanted us to bring guys! I just hope Yuri and Banana bring guys as well.
Yuko got all excited when we were talking about it the other night because she thought it would be like a blind date haha. Idk, we'll see!

Here's my Hanga inking! It doesn't look as good as it did drawn with pencil but whatevs. Sensei told me I need more white in it, so I'm gonna have to add more petals I guess. But I don't want to make it look too busy...


After I messed up my Hanga design by adding another petal and sensei added some little ones, I went down to the CJS office.
Yesterday I'd gone in to find out about that student card I'd needed to change my train pass and the lady had been really helpful. Today I was going back with the letter with instructions about paying for my health insurance that I'd forgotten yesterday. I wanted her to help me figure out what the letter said.

Again she was so so nice! She'd looked up all this information and called the train station for me and told me it would be better to keep the route I have for now instead of canceling my card and buying a new one with the route I want. Then she helped me decipher the health insurance letter. I told her I didn't think I'd received a health insurance card, so she said she'd call them and ask them to send me a new one!
She also sat and had a conversation with me in Japanese about the reason I'd wanted to study in Japan! She automatically assumed anime, but I told her I actually haven't watched anime since high school, and that I really like Japanese culture. She asked what aspects of Japanese culture I like, so I told her shrines, temples, and sadou. And she raved about sadou and told me all about this movie she'd seen recently about the founder of sadou that was a really good movie, but also really sad! She's adorable!

Then I dropped off my Hanga stuff in my locker and went to Lawson's to buy a melon pan. But they were all out of melon pan. *cries* :( 
So I headed to the library to finally watch the rest of Onmyoji. It ended up being good! Some parts were seriously creepy and just all around wtf? But it had some really cute moments!!

So I'm going to watch the second one tomorrow since that's what my homework for Thursday is.

After I finished watching it, I walked to the train station while listening to my iPod (because I've been missing American music lately). While I was standing and waiting on the subway platform, the CJS lady who had helped me earlier spotted me and came over to talk to me in Japanese some more! Whenever she wanted to change the subject, she'd apologize and let me know she was changing it haha. Ahh I wish I knew her name! In Japanese, whenever you refer to someone, it's more polite to use their name, so it was kinda hard... At one point I wanted to say "when I was talking to you," but had to say "when we were talking" instead. >.<
She stayed on the subway for half the way to my stop, so we got to talk for a while!

When I got home, I went into the living room where Yuko and Miya were playing Othello. Miya had been feeling sick this morning, but looked good now.
Her mom whispered to her something for her to say to me in English and then she turned to me and was like "I got the chicken pox" and her mom showed me some bumps on her forehead and I was like oh, that sucks.
Then Yuko asked if I had had chicken pix when I was younger and I said no, figuring she was just making conversation, but then she looked all worried and I remembered - you can catch chicken pox!!
So yeah, I got banished to my room haha.

But now I'm actually kind of scared. Like, what if I do get chicken pox? That would totally ruin my time in Japan!

So Yuko and Miya ate dinner first and then Ken and I ate. I always feel bad when he has to eat with just me because I suck so bad at Japanese and he has to make small talk and all that. But after he initially broke the silence by asking how my day was, I could tell he didn't know what to ask next, so I just said random things about my day and told him about my field trip tomorrow and asked him how many kanji he knew and stuff lol. He told me (in English! I knew he could speak some English!) that he can read way more kanji than he can write, which is the same as every Japanese person, but he told me he can write 1000 kanji!!! Sugoi!!
I also asked if he and Yuko had both had chicken pox before and he said they both had. So it's just me causing the inconvenience. Ah well.

So yeah, tomorrow we're going on a field trip to the planetarium!! I'm so excited! It's the biggest planetarium in Japan! And it's in the Nagoya science museum, which had awesome things like a tornado simulator and a cold room where you can sit and see an aurora borealis!

6 comments:

  1. Woah, you can see a real aurora borealis? That's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, found out it was only open in January though :(

      Delete
  2. You have probably had Chicken Pox vaccine. Ask your Mom. DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't think I have! But hopefully I won't catch it :)

      Delete
  3. I think your haga is perfect.

    ReplyDelete